1. Can my budget include funds for the PI’s salary?
Yes, you must. A PI and a co-I each must have some effort on the project.
2. Is there a limit on salary support?
3. Can I include a letter of support from a key collaborator?
4. The website states that I need “X” but the flyer does not. Which is correct?
The website has the complete list of requirements.
5. Can my colleague and I apply as multiple PI’s?
The application should be from a single PI although co-I’s are allowed on the grant.
All co-I's must work at UK.
6. If I have funding for a project from another source, may I apply for additional funding from the COBRE pilot grant?
Not if there is scientific overlap between the projects.
7. May I budget money for travel to a conference?
8. Is an eIAF required to submit an application?
9. I am not sure if I am eligible to apply. What should I do?
Contact the COBRE Program Administrative Coordinator, Mark Schwarcz, at email@example.com.
10. When will I find out whether or not my application is successful?
3 – 4 months after the submission deadline
11. Are subcontracts allowed?
12. Do I need IRB/IACUC approval prior to submission of a pilot award?
You do not need to have protocols approved when submitting a pilot. However, approval by the NIH requires that human subjects or animal research has already received institutional approvals. If approvals require extensive periods of time, or are not submitted in a timely manner in relation to initial notification of potential funding, then funds may not be released.